Experienced and Caring Attorneys in Essex County, New Jersey For Your Legal Matters
Meeting Location By Appointment Only. Call 1-800-537-4154 For Your Consultation.
Living in Essex County, New Jersey means that the New York City metropolitan area – along with all of this community’s resources, shopping, and sites – is close by. As the state’s third-most populated county, residents of Essex County can routinely find themselves needing to file a civil lawsuit or defend themselves against allegations made by others in a lawsuit. The skilled and knowledgeable firm of Aretsky Law Group, P.C. has considerable experience representing clients in a variety of Essex County lawsuits. Whether you are attempting to maintain custody of your children in a family law dispute or you have been seriously injured commuting to or from your home in Essex County, the Aretsky Law Group, P.C. can help you use the law to your advantage and experience success in your case.
Family Law Disputes in Essex County
The breakdown of a close or marital relationship is emotionally difficult, but prompt action is needed to ensure this breakdown does not adversely affect your finances and resources or your ability to maintain a meaningful relationship with your child or children. Although many family law disputes are governed by statutes found in either Title 2A or Title 9 of the New Jersey Statutes, these laws vest courts hearing family law disputes with a considerable amount of discretion in determining an appropriate resolution. For this reason, you need aggressive and knowledgeable representation from the Aretsky Law Group, P.C.
Aretsky Law Group, P.C. is prepared to assist you in positively resolving the following family law proceedings:
- Divorce: Many assume that because of the advent of “no-fault” divorce that divorce can be obtained without the assistance of a lawyer, especially where you and your spouse are splitting on amicable terms. However, as part of granting a divorce, the court will also enter orders dividing the property and debts that you and your spouse accumulated during your marriage and decide whether you or your spouse are entitled to spousal support from the other.
- Child Custody and Child Support: Like many other states, New Jersey utilizes a formula to assist courts in calculating an appropriate child support obligation to impose upon one parent or the other in the event the parents of a child separate or divorce. This formula is based upon the incomes of each parent, but inputting an incorrect value can result in a skewed child support amount being ordered. In addition to this, while (nearly) every parent in New Jersey is permitted to exercise visitation with his or her child, the frequency with which this occurs and the decision of which parent receives primary residential custody of the child is left to the court’s discretion and determination of the judge.
Essex County Personal Injury Lawsuits
While personal injury lawsuits may not be as emotionally taxing as family law disputes, succeeding in your personal injury lawsuit can mean that you and your family have sufficient resources to pay for your medical expenses, address your lost wages, and compensate you for your mental pain and suffering. A personal injury lawsuit may be filed in Essex County if you or a loved one has been injured in:
- Car Wrecks: Car wrecks are often the result of the negligent or careless behavior of one driver or the other. Actions such as driving while texting, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, driving while drowsy, or disobeying traffic rules and laws can result in car wrecks that cause serious injuries and/or death. Drivers who are found responsible for causing car wrecks may be held responsible for the losses and injuries they cause to others.
- Medical Malpractice: When your Essex County doctor or medical professional fails to provide you with treatment or care in accordance with prevailing standards of reasonable care, your health – your very life – may be compromised. A successful medical malpractice lawsuit cannot undo the harm that a misdiagnosis or botched surgery causes, but it can provide you and your family with the financial assistance for additional treatment and care as well as the security you and your family may need during this time.
- Workplace Accidents: Being injured on the job is more than an inconvenience – depending on the severity of your injuries, you may not be able to return to work for weeks (or longer) and may require thousands of dollars in medical treatment. This can put a serious strain on your family’s finances. If your workplace accident is the result of the careless actions of a third party (such as a product’s manufacturer), you may be entitled to compensation.
Contact the Aretsky Law Group, P.C. Today
Essex County residents who find themselves injured or who are in need of representation in a family law-related legal dispute should contact Aretsky Law Group, P.C. as soon as possible. Call 1-800-537-4154 or visit one of Aretsky Law Group, P.C.’s several convenient locations.
Essex County Meeting Location by Appointment Only