Attorneys in Montclair, New Jersey Fighting For Your Legal Rights!
Meeting Location By Appointment Only. Call 1-800-537-4154 For Your Consultation.
Although Montclair’s population is small compared to other cities in New Jersey and the New York City metropolitan area, as any resident of Montclair can attest legal troubles and personal injuries can arise without any notice. When they do – when a car wreck leaves you seriously hurt and separated from your loved ones or your child’s other parent from whom you have been separated files a petition seeking primary custody of your child – your whole world can be turned upside down in an instant.
While experienced and knowledgeable legal counsel and representation cannot prevent legal troubles or personal injuries from occurring, such assistance can help you resolve your legal matters quickly and successfully so that you can regain your life.
Family Law Matters in Montclair
“Family law” is a term that encompasses any legal matter or proceeding that touches upon the family unit. This includes proceedings such as divorce and child custody or child parenting time proceedings. In addition to being highly contentious, these proceedings can test your nerves and emotions due to the intimate nature of the family relationships affected. Aretsky Law Group, P.C. is your Montclair family law firm and is able to help you effectively resolve:
- Divorce proceedings: A spouse who no longer desires to be legally married to his or her partner will end the marital relationship by filing for divorce. Although there may be one or several reasons why a spouse may want a divorce, a court need only hear that there are “irreconcilable differences” that make it impossible for the marriage to continue. A court presiding over a divorce proceeding will also determine how the property and debts belonging to the couple ought to be divided and/or whether the parties’ situation makes an order of alimony (or spousal support) appropriate. Divorce proceedings are governed according to statutes found in Title 2A of the New Jersey Statutes.
- Child custody proceedings: The parents of a child have the right to have that child in their physical custody and be afforded an opportunity to develop a parent-child relationship with the child. This right becomes more difficult to exercise when the child’s parents divorce or separate. Title 9 of the New Jersey Statutes describe the factors and circumstances that a court is to consider when determining which parent with whom the child will primarily reside and what parenting time to which the other parent will be entitled.
Montclair Personal Injury Claims
Aretsky Law Group, P.C. can also assist Montclair residents who have been injured in an accident that was caused or brought about because of another person’s careless acts. So long as your personal injury lawsuit is brought within two years of the date you were injured (pursuant to Title 2A of the New Jersey Statutes), you may be able to recover compensation from an at-fault party who injures you in:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Collisions between cars, trucks, and/or motorcycles can leave drivers and/or passengers with serious – even permanent – injuries like traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, spine and neck injuries, internal trauma, and/or amputations (to name some of the most common injuries in car wrecks). Car crashes are rarely “accidents” – in the vast majority of cases, one driver or the other engaged in careless behavior like texting while driving or speeding too fast for the prevailing road and traffic conditions. These drivers may be held liable for the harm and injuries they cause.
- Medical malpractice: Doctors and nurses in Montclair cannot prevent all illnesses or cure all diseases. However, when a doctor or nurse does not perform his or her job duties in a reasonably careful and prudent manner, the patient’s life can be forever altered. A victim of medical malpractice may require additional and expensive reparative surgeries and treatments or may have his or her life expectancy reduced. In such situations, a medical malpractice lawsuit may be the most appropriate way to secure compensation for any additional expenses and losses the medical mistake caused.
- Premises liability: If a property owner fails to keep his or her property in a reasonably safe condition and either fails to correct hazards he or she notices (like a slippery floor or defective elevator) or warn guests and customers of these dangers, then the property owner may be held responsible when a customer or guest suffers an injury.
Your Montclair Law Firm is Here to Assist You
The sooner you contact the knowledgeable and resourceful law firm of Aretsky Law Group, P.C., the sooner you will be able to regain control over your life in the aftermath of a personal injury incident or family law-related dispute. At Aretsky Law Group, P.C., we will work efficiently to understand your legal needs and then provide targeted, effective counsel and representation to help you surmount your challenge. Call Aretsky Law Group, P.C. at 1-800-537-4154 to learn more about our services and how we can help you.
Essex County Meeting Location by Appointment Only