Stephanie Palo, Esq.
Aretsky Law Group, P.C.
19 Main Street
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Stephanie Palo, Esq.
Areas of Practice
Diligently and effectively addressing your legal concerns is Stephanie’s top priority. Stephanie devotes her practice to the litigation of divorce & family law, family law appeals, criminal defense, and municipal court representation. She is admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey, the District Court of the District of New Jersey, and the State of New York. Although Stephanie always strives to efficiently resolve cases in her client’s favor, she is an experienced litigator who when necessary zealously advocates for her client’s in court.
In her divorce & family law practice, Stephanie prides herself on assessing and attentively addressing the unique challenges of each case. Stephanie is prepared whether the case presents with contested child custody issues, complex distribution of marital property, cash-flow disputes, marital business distribution, or a domestic violence complaint. She is also dedicated to resolving divorce and custody disputes through the use of alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation and collaborative divorce.
While attending Rutgers School of Law-Newark, Ms. Palo served as Co-Chair of the Moot Court Board, a Legal Research and Writing Teaching Associate, and a Submissions Editor on the Women’s Rights Law Reporter. Ms. Palo additionally served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Katharine S. Hayden of the District Court of the District of New Jersey.
After graduating from Rutgers School of Law – Newark in 2009, Ms. Palo was a judicial clerk to the Honorable Rudy B. Coleman of the New Jersey Appellate Division. As a law clerk, Ms. Palo was dedicated to conducting legal research, drafting bench memoranda, and assisting Judge Coleman in the composition of judicial opinions.
Stephanie is an energetic and compassionate advocate who takes pride in assisting her clients during what for many is one of the most difficult times in their lives.
- Divorce & Family Law
- Family Law Appeals
- Criminal Defense (including shoplifting and simple assault)
- Municipal Courts (including DWI and traffic violations)
- Rutgers School of Law-Newark, Newark, New Jersey, 2009 J.D.
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, 2006 B.S.
- Major: Mass Communication – Minor: International Relations
Admissions to Practice
- New Jersey, 2009
- New York, 2010
- S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2010
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys Under 40 Top 10, 2017
Professional Memberships and Associations
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Association of Women Lawyers
- Monmouth County Bar Association
- Jersey Shore Collaborative Law Group
- Collaborative Divorce Profession of New Jersey
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey (ACDLNJ)
Articles and Publications
- A Charade of Change: Honor Killings Go Unpunished in Pakistan, 1 U.C. Davis J. Int’L Law & Pol’y 93 (2008)
- Still Citizens After Marriage: Exploring Women’s Nationality Rights, 30 Women’s Rts. L. Rep. 673 (2009)